Set up Thin Client Validation
Thin Client Validation is a Web based alternative to Validation. This alternative requires no software to be installed on the client workstation, making a Kofax Transformation Modules solution using the Thin Client Validation module fast and effortless to implement.
Configuring Thin Client Validation is very similar to Validation. As a result, this section refers to the differences and unsupported features of the thin client.
To set up Thin Client Validation in Project Builder
You have to repeat these steps for each class that requires validation. Child classes inherit the validation form from their parent class.
You can set up validation by following these steps:
- In the Project Tree, select a class from the class hierarchy.
Details windows, edit the options for the defined fields.
Set validation thresholds for valid fields and enable the Require manual field confirmation option as needed.
Enable the project to be available in
Thin Client Validation.
- Select Project Settings from the Project menu to display the Project Settings window.
- On the General tab, ensure the "Enable Thin Client Validation" option is selected.
Create validation methods.
- From the Project menu, select Project Settings to display the Project Settings window.
- Click the Validation tab.
- Click Add to display the New Validation Method window.
- Enter a name for the method and select the type of the validation method.
- Click OK to open the validation method properties window to set parameters.
- Click OK to save your settings and close the window.
Add single field or multi-field validation rules.
Select the class.
Classification and extraction for the class is required.
All the relevant extraction fields for that class are listed.
- On the Design tab, from the Create group, click Single Field Validation Rule, or click Multi-field Validation Rule.
- Configure your validation rule.
- Select the class.
validation form, and if necessary, implement script events.
Thin Client Validation does not support custom labels or field order. The fields are displayed in the order they are extracted.
- From the Project Tree, select the class.
Design tab, in the
Validation Forms group, select
Customize. If the project is configured for more than one
Validation step, select
Step <n> from the submenu, where <n> is the number of the step with the validation
form to customize.
The Validation Form Layout window is displayed, showing the default validation form for the selected Validation step, and when applicable, of the selected class.
- Customize the form by adding or removing elements.
Define the required script events.
For example, if you add a button to the form, define the click events for the button. For details see Scripting Help or Customize a Validation Form.
Test the validation
Test Validation can be used to test Thin Client Validation, however, the layout and labels may not represent the actual form as shown in the thin client.
- In the Documents window, select a document subset that contains the desired test documents.
- Select one or more documents.
Processtab, in the
Extract submenu, click an option, or press F6.
Check the extraction results in the Extraction Results window.
Invalid fields have a blue question mark and valid fields have a green check mark.
Process tab, click
Validate or use
If you use multiple validation steps, select a step from the submenu. If you press F8, select the validation step to test from the window that is displayed.
The validation form for the processed document shows the extracted values. Edit the fields as needed.
For example, test the extraction results, the validation rules, and error messages.