Add a formatter
Formatters are used to ensure that the layout or format of a field matches a specific pattern. When a project is created, there is a default date and a default amount formatter. Since these formatters are for specific field types, they may not be suitable for all fields. Also, it is the best practice to create new formatters rather than modify the default formatters. This ensures that the default formatters are always available for reference purposes.
If the default formatters are not sufficient for your needs, you can add a new formatter by following these steps:
- On the Project tab, in the Configuration group, select Project Settings .
- Click the Formatting tab to view the formatter settings.
The New Field Formatter window is displayed.
- Specify the desired settings and click OK.
- Optionally, click OK to close the Project Settings window.
- Save the changes to your project.