Add a subfield
By default, one subfield is created per zone. The subfield has the same name as the zone but contains the prefix "SF_."
For example, an OMR group zone called "PaymentMethod" has a subfield called "SF_PaymentMethod." Similarly, the group member zones "Check" and "CreditCard" have subfields called "SF_Check" and "SF_CreditCard."
You can add a subfield by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- Click the Subfields tab.
Subfield Definition group, click
A subfield is added with a default name and result type.
Select the newly added subfield and click
The name becomes editable.
- Enter a name for the subfield using the format SF_<Descriptive Name> and press Enter.
- In the Zone/Subfield Mapping group, select the zone to map to the new subfield.
Subfield column, select the subfield from the list that you are mapping to the corresponding zone.
Subfield Definition group and are not mapped to zones on the Zone/Subfield Mapping group, produce no data; delete them.Subfields that are defined on the
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.