Test format definitions
Test each of your format definitions before adding evaluation settings. Test each format individually, and then test the formats in succession. This ensures that the correct and expected results are returned by your regular expressions before you move on to the next step.
You can test your formats by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- On the Format Definitions tab, ensure that all format definitions are added and ready for testing.
At the bottom of the window, enter a string in the
Test value field.
When a test sample matches a format definition, a green checkmark is displayed at the front of the corresponding Format Expression cell.
- Modify any formats that do not produce the expected results and retest.
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.