Configure the keyword distance
The distance parameter defines the expected distance between the format alternative and the keyword. For example, defining "Near" for the Distance parameter and "W" for the direction means that the keyword needs to be very close to the left side of an alternative. Far and a combination of NW, N, NE means the keyword can be anywhere above the alternative. Distance values include:
Near - the distance cannot be larger than 1/12 of the page width and no other word can be located between the alternative and the keyword.
Medium - the distance cannot be larger than a third of the width of the page.
Far - the distance does not matter, only the direction is taken into account.
You can configure the keyword distance by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- On the Evaluation Settings tab, from the Distance list, select Near, Medium, or Far.
- To save the changes to the keyword, click Modify .
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.