Add zones with the Zone Wizard
If you are setting up an Advanced Zone Locator and have a documents with many pieces of data that are located in the same position across document of the same type, you can use the Zone Wizard to help you create many zones automatically.
Note the following when using the Zone Wizard:
You can adjust the zone margins before or after detecting zones. If you modify the margins after detection, the zones are updated and the adjusted margins are immediately visible in the viewer.
Follow the instructions in Tips for optimal zone discovery to get the best results.
To add zones using the Zone Wizard by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- Add a reference document and four sample documents.
- In the Locator Properties window, click on the Zones tab.
The reference document is displayed in the Zone Wizard window.
- On the toolbar, select the page containing the data that you are extracting by clicking Next Page or Previous Page.
Existing text and OMR zones are grey with no border. Detected Text zones are yellow with a yellow border. Detected OMR zones are purple with a purple border.
Review and refine the detected zones
- Look at each zone to determine if it is surrounding required data. If it is, leave it in place.
If needed, configure the
preset OMR and Text zone margins for the detected zones.
The margins are automatically updated for all detected zones.
- Delete any zones that are not needed. Click the zone and then click Delete.
- Select all zones you want to accept.
All of your zones and associated subfields are created. You can do either of the following:
Continue selecting and accepting zones on this page.
Close the Zone Wizard and edit the accepted zones. After you have edited these zones, you can open the Zone Wizard again to accept additional zones. Repeat this as many times as necessary to add all of the zones for your document.
- If there are additional pages with zones you want to add, repeat steps 6–9.
- Click Close to close the Zone Wizard window.
The Document Viewer (Zone Mode) window is displayed.
Double-click on each newly created zone and
modify it as necessary.