Insert a dictionary
Dictionaries can supplement format definitions by providing a list of words to search for and in some situations, to replace.
For example, a format definition requires a list of unique cost codes to be specified as possible search values. The list would be too long to add to format definition, so you can insert a dictionary containing the codes instead.
Another example would be a dictionary set up to replace month names. So "January" maps to "01", "February" maps to "02", and so forth through "December" that maps to "12". You can then add a format definition using that dictionary to capture the day and year, enabling "January 3, 2013" to be returned as "01 3, 2013".
You can insert a dictionary by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- On the Format Definitions tab, in the Formats group, click Dictionaries.
The Dictionary tab in the Project Settings window is displayed.
- From the list, select the dictionary to insert. If no dictionaries are present, add the required dictionary.
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, configure the keywords and regions.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.