Set the group index for database fields
If the Group index option is set on the Fields tab of the Database Locator Properties window, all fields with that same group index have a physical relationship. In most cases, the fields are in the same area or on the same line of a document.
For example, some items on a document, like zip code and city name, are close together and can be grouped.
Define groups by assigning a group index to one or more fields in the field list. The number of groups is limited by the number of fields.
If grouped fields on the document are not related as specified, the confidence level of the record is decreased. Fields that are assigned to a group are then listed in the Group properties area, where you can determine further settings for the group.
You can set the group index for database fields by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- Click the Fields tab.
- In the Field properties table, select the field to group.
- Click the value in the Group index column and select the group index from the list.
- Repeat these steps for each field as necessary.
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.