Update a language
If the project is modified, each added or modified string needs to be accounted for in each language defined in the project. For each of those languages an external resource file (XML) exists. The update functionality on the Project Settings - Localization tab updates this XML file for all structural changes made in the project by providing translation strings for all objects used in the project.
You can update a language by following these steps:
- On the Project tab, in the Configuration group, select Project Settings .
- Click the Localization tab to view the localization settings.
- Select the language to be updated in the Project Languages table so the row is highlighted orange
The Update XML window is displayed.
In the Update XML window, select a language from theSelect the base language used for
updating the XML file list.
Alternatively, select the <No Translation> value if you want to update the translation strings by using the default string values depending on the selected application language.
The XML file is updated with the already translated strings of the base language and the Update XML window is closed.
- Optionally, repeat the previous steps for other project languages if defined.
- Test your translations with a document set using Test Validation and Test Verification.
- Optionally, click OK to close the Project Settings window.
- Save the changes to your project.