Add Trigram format definitions
If the pattern you are matching does not require complicated regular expressions and may be prone to OCR errors, use a Trigram format definition by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- On the Format Definitions tab, in the Formats group, click Add Trigram format definition.
Enter a Trigram expression.
If a format definition contains any syntax errors, a red warning message appears in the error column for that format.
- Enter a description that clearly states what data the simple expression is designed to extract. Include examples of successful matches as well as what does not match.
- Optionally, click on the General tab and configure the Settings for Non-Regular Expressions .
- Optionally, click on the Evaluation Settings tab and add keywords for evaluation.
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.