Add predefined formats
The Format Locator includes two predefined formats that contain commonly used regular expressions.
This is a list of different amount types specialized for different countries.
This is a list of different date formats specialized for different countries. This list includes numeric dates, long month names, and short month names.
You can add a predefined format by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
Format Definitions tab, in the
Formats group, click on the down arrow on the
Add new or predefined regular expression
A submenu is displayed.
- Select the type of predefined regular expression type to use; Amount or Date.
Select a sample format from the list of options.
dictionary to your project. All dictionaries used for the predefined regular expressions are installed at <Installation Path>\Dict. For example, "December 6, 2003 English Date I" is shown with §English_Months§ included in the predefined regular expression because the expression uses a dictionary called English_Months.If you select a date format, you may need to add a
- Optionally, click on the General tab and configure OCR substitions.
- Optionally, click on the Evaluation Settings tab and add keywords for evaluation.
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.