Add keywords for evaluation
The Weight property governs two types of keywords:
If a keyword is found at the specified distance and direction from the alternative, the confidence level of the alternative decreases.
If a keyword is found in the specified direction and distance from the alternative, the confidence level of the alternative increases.
Remembering this behavior is important when selecting the keywords to use. Because keywords are found using a fuzzy search, misspelled keywords and words containing recognition errors are found. The better the keyword match is, the higher the level of confidence is for the alternative.
When managing keywords, you can:
- Add keywords from the viewer by clicking the words on the document.
- Add keywords by entering the words into the text field.
- Use predefined words by clicking the arrow next to the keyword field and selecting a dictionary.
- For testing, activate or deactivate keywords so that you do not have to recover them afterwards.
- Sort keywords alphabetically or by properties.
Deactivated keywords are not used during runtime.You can add keywords for evaluation by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- Click the Evaluation Settings tab.
- Optionally, in the Ignore these characters box, type any characters to be ignored.
Keyword box, enter a word or phrase.
Adding a keyword or phrase is optional if you use a dictionary. This is because the dictionary contains a list of keywords and phrases, eliminating the need to manually type them.
- Optionally, enable the Match each word exactly (not fuzzy) option.
- Optionally, enable the Match all words as a phrase option.
- Optionally, add a dictionary as a keyword.
- In the Weight box, enter a value between -100 and 100 or use the slider to specify a weight.
- From the Distance list, select a value.
- From the Keyword in relation to match map, select the directions to use.
- Click Add.
- Repeat the previous steps to add other keywords, phrases, or dictionaries.
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.