Add an Associative Search Database
You can add an Associative Search database by following these steps:
- On the Project tab, in the Configuration group, select Project Settings .
- Click the Databases tab to view the databases settings.
- In the Databases group, click Add. The Add New Database window is displayed.
- In the Database Name field, type a descriptive name for the new fuzzy database.
- On the Database Type list, select the Associative Search Database type.
- Click OK. The Associative Search Database Properties window is displayed.
Select a CSV file by browsing to its location.
The Column Name and Search details are loaded into the Column Configuration table.
- Optionally, select the First line contains captions if the first line of your chosen CSV file is a column header.
- Optionally, if your chosen CSV file is updated regularly, select the Automatic update from import file option.
- Update the Column Configuration table as needed. Clear the Search column for any fields that you do not want to include in your search.
- In the Column used as record identifier list, select which database column to use as the record identifier.
OK to save the
Associative Search Database.
The properties window is closed and the new Associative Search Database is displayed in the list of databases in the Databases group.
- Optionally, click OK to close the Project Settings window.
- Save the changes to your project.