Substitute common OCR misreads
It is not uncommon for a recognition engine to confuse similar characters such as the letter "O" and the number "0" or the letter "I" and the number "1." Especially for amounts, it is useful to have Kofax Transformation Modules automatically compensate for such discrepancies. To do this, you can define a list of predefined recognition substitutions to automatically correct misread characters.
For a format locator, you can select the Use OCR substitution option so that the defined substitutions are used for fields that have this locator assigned. This list is used globally in the project.
You can add, delete, or modify these substitutions by following these steps:
- On the Project tab, in the Configuration group, select Project Settings .
- Select the Recognition tab to view the recognition settings.
- Click OCR Substitution. The OCR Substitutions window and a list of defined substitutions is displayed.
Modify the list as follows:
- To add a new substitution, type the characters into the fields of If OCR reads this: and Replace it with:, and click Add.
- To delete an OCR substitution, select an item from the list of available OCR substitutions, and click Delete in that row.
- Optionally, click OK to close the Project Settings window.
- Save the changes to your project.