Add a zone recognition profile
A zone recognition profile performs zonal character recognition. This means that recognition is performed only for a specified area of a document.
If you process PDF documents that have embedded text, no recognition is performed if the Use PDF text if available option is selected in the zone properties.
If this option is not selected, the PDF documents are treated as TIF files and recognition is performed on zones as needed.
You can add a zone recognition profile by following these steps:
- On the Project tab, in the Configuration group, select Project Settings .
- Select the Recognition tab to view the recognition settings.
- Click the Zone Profile button. A properties window is displayed.
The properties displayed on the window update automatically if you select a different recognizer.
- Edit the zone recognizer properties and click OK to save your settings and add the new profile.
- Optionally, rename the new profile so it has a descriptive name.
- Optionally, click OK to close the Project Settings window.
- Save the changes to your project.