Set the distance for database fields
The Distance option directly relates to the Group index for a field, and is only needed if there is more than one field in a Group index. The Distance value indicates how close the words in the group are to each other.
For example, a company name frequently consists of several single words on the same line, as in "Global Mortgages Inc." In this case, you can set the distance property by selecting same line .
You can set the distance for several database fields by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- Click the Fields tab.
- In the Field properties table, select the field to configure the distance.
- From the Distance column, select a value from the list.
- Repeat the preceding steps for each field as necessary.
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.