Configure an Oracle relational connection
Before you can configure an Oracle database connection, install the Oracle .NET 220.127.116.11.0 driver. If this is not installed, you are warned and you cannot add an Oracle database. If you upgrade or install the Oracle drivers, restart your server for the changes to take effect. For more information about installing the Oracle driver, see the Kofax Transformation Modules Installation Guide.
If you are creating a new connection, the
Configure Oracle Connection appears after you complete the
Add New Connection window. If you are modifying an existing connection, open the
Configure Oracle Connection window
by following these steps:
- On the Project tab, in the Configuration group, select Project Settings .
- Click the Databases tab to view the databases settings.
- Under Relational Connections, select the connection you want to change.
- Click Properties.
- In the Oracle Server/TNS field, enter the name and TNS (Transport Network Substrate), or IP address and TNS of an Oracle server.
- In the Login Information group, type a User Name and Password if applicable.
Optionally, you can review the
Connection String field.
This string shows the connection to the database and is defined by the other settings in this window. If you have specified a password, it is fully encrypted and cannot be viewed. You can edit the connection string as needed. If you change any of the options in the window, a new string is generated and overwrites any changes you made.
- Click Test Connection to verify that the connection works.
If the connection works, the Configure Oracle Connection window closes. If the connection fails, an error appears and the Configure Oracle Connection window remains open until the connection works.
If you are unable to get the connection to work, click Cancel to close the window without saving the changes.
- Optionally, click OK to close the Project Settings window.
- Save the changes to your project.