Modify formatter properties
The format of a field can change over time. For example, a company that uses a Customer ID format that contains 8 numbers followed by 2 letters has used all of the unique values. As a result, they have changed their format to be 8 to 10 numbers followed by 2 to 4 letters. As a result, the formatter that ensured that the Customer ID format matched the old layout needs to be updated.
You can update and modify a formatter by following these steps:
- On the Project tab, in the Configuration group, select Project Settings .
- Click the Formatting tab to view the formatter settings.
- Select the formatter you want to modify.
Depending on the formatter type, the relevant properties window is displayed.
- Modify the formatter as needed.
- Click Close to save your changes and close the window.
- Optionally, click OK to close the Project Settings window.
- Save the changes to your project.