Blind double keying
A more comprehensive verification technique is to configure a field to be double keyed. In this mode, the field is initially displayed with no value and hence the user needs to key the field blind using only the image as a reference.
After the user has typed a value it is compared with the original value from the last module that ran before Verification. If the values do not match, the following message is displayed in the Current Error pane.
This is only recommended for advanced users who use this information as a guide only, and understand the importance of keying from the image rather than matching the original value.
If you think the user should not see the field values because it may affect the way they enter data, you can prevent the user seeing these values in the event of a mismatch. A message is displayed instead.
You can configure a field for blind double keying and show field values when there is a mismatch by following these steps:
- Open the Project Tree window if it is not already open.
- Expand the Project Tree and select the class that contains the field that you are configuring for verification.
view the class contents if they are not
The hidden class contents are displayed.
- Open the Details window if it is not already open.
Select the field you are configuring for verification.
The Field Properties are displayed in the Details window.
User Interactive Modules group, select
Display field in Verification.
The Confirm option is selected by default.
Blind double keying.
The "Show field values if no match" option is enabled.
- Select Show field values if no match.
- Optionally, configure other fields for verification.
- Run Test Verification to verify that your settings are correct.