Test invoice field validation methods
Configuring an invoice field validation method involves several fields. When testing this validation method, you must enter data for multiple fields to simulate invoice extraction and validation.
During testing, the values in the Test Value column use the settings defined in the standard amount formatter. If you did not modify the standard amount formatter, ensure that your test values contain a decimal point and two decimal places. For example, use "2.00" or "2,00". If you do not match these requirements of the formatter, testing could generate errors.
During production, the validation formatting assigned to the extraction fields is used.
You can test an invoice field validation method by following these steps:
- On the Project tab, in the Configuration group, select Project Settings .
- Click the Validation tab to view the validation settings.
Select the multi-field script validation method to test and click
The validation method properties window is displayed.
- In the Required Fields group, enter sample data into the Test Value column for the corresponding fields in your script.
Testing group, click
A message is displayed below the Validate button with the results of the test.
- Modify the validation method properties until you are satisfied with the test results.
- Click Close to save the validation method properties.
- Optionally, click OK to close the Project Settings window.
- Save the changes to your project.