Add a database search mask
A database search mask defines which database fields are expected to be found on a document. A Database Locator can have one or more search masks, each defining a possible combination of field data found on a document.
You can add a database search mask by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- Click the Search Masks tab.
A search mask is added to the list, with each field selected.
- Clear any fields to exclude from the search mask.
- Optionally, select All fields mandatory if you expect each field in the selected search mask on a document.
- Optionally, repeat the previous steps and add search masks as required.
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.