Configure background removal
Background removal is an optional feature that can be used to remove consistent backgrounds from documents. Use of this feature requires at least five unique documents that are ideal representations of the class you are configuring, to be selected as samples, including the reference document.
Each of the sample documents is compared for common black lines and ink blotches that are irrelevant for extraction. When background removal is enabled, these lines and marks are removed, improving the overall appearance of the scanned document. Once background removal is enabled, you can use the feature in the Document Viewer (Zone Mode).
You can configure background removal by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- If there are already five sample documents added for your locator, you can skip the following four steps. Otherwise, add five or more sample documents.
- Open the Documents window if it is not already open.
Add or select the document set that contains documents for your class.
The document set is expanded so you can see its document subsets.
Select the desired document subset.
A list of documents is displayed.
On the list of documents, click a document and then in the locator properties window, click
The sample document is added to the locator.
Repeat the previous step until there are at least five sample documents.
The Create Info button becomes available once there are five sample documents.
A progress bar indicates the progress of background removal.
- Click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.