Enable OCR substitutions
You can enable OCR substitution to correct commonly misread letters or numbers. For example, use substitution to ensure that a string of numbers containing a "5" is not misread as an "S."
You can enable OCR substitution by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- On the General tab, select Use OCR Substitution.
- Optionally, click Define OCR Substitution to configure replace the characters to substitute.
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.