Select a table detection mode
Use the Automatic table detection mode to configure the Table Locator to search the document for tables automatically. This option calculates the amount columns and the quantity column, the selected language packs, and other layout-based settings to identify the table on the document. Use this option to process different table layouts within the same class.
Use the Manual table detection mode to manually define the table for the locator. Use this option if the automatic mode failed to recognize a specific table layout. Because a specific table layout is trained, the Table Locator can only recognize the specific layout. Usually, a separate class or template is required for each table layout, and each table layout requires a manual table definition.
You can select a table detection mode by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- On the Settings tab, from the General Settings group, select the table Detection mode to use.
- Optionally, configure the rest of the Table Locator.
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.