Configure evaluation steps
You can set an output confidence value for an evaluation step. This means that the confidence value for the alternatives that are retrieved by this evaluation step changes relative to the defined output confidence value. Increase the output confidence value for the alternatives of an evaluation step if you trust the results although the input confidence value is lower.
For example, if you have defined three evaluation steps:
The first evaluation step looks for the result from the specific algorithm and sets the output confidence value to 100%.
The second evaluation steps checks for results from the generic algorithm that is also found by a Format Locator and sets the output confidence value for those alternatives to 80%.
The third evaluation step checks for the results from an invoice header locator, but sets the output confidence value to a value that ensures that the mapped extraction field has an invalid field status.
To configure evaluation steps by following these steps:
- Open the locator properties.
- Click the Evaluation Settings tab.
After selecting input locators, choose one of the following evaluation values for each locator:
Uses alternatives of this locator with a confidence greater than or equal to the given input threshold
Ignore alternatives of this locator for this evaluation step
Uses alternatives of this locator with a confidence greater than or equal to the given input threshold and compares them to the other locator(s) for equality
The selected values determine when an input locator is used in the final extraction result for the selected subfield.
- If available, select the training method (, or ).
- If available, set the locator confidence by entering a value or using the arrow keys to select a value.
- Optionally, set the Output confidence.
- Optionally, add an evaluation step and repeat the previous steps.
- Open a test document and click Test to test your settings.
- Optionally, click Close to close the locator properties window.
- Save the changes to your project.