Modify a subtree classifier
When you train a project that includes a child class with training documents, a Subtree Classifier for that child class and its parent is created automatically using the default settings. Modify the default settings to adjust your classification results.
You can modify a Subtree Classifier by following these steps:
- In the main Project Builder window, hide or close any windows that block the Ribbon.
- Open the Project Tree window if it is not already open.
- Open the Details window if it is not already open.
Project Tree and select the
parent class that has subtree classification enabled.
The Class Properties are displayed in the Details window.
Since subtree classification uses the AFC, the settings for each Subtree Classifier are for an AFC.
The Adaptive Feature Classifier properties window is displayed.
Modify the settings and click
OK to save your changes to the
If you test different settings, record the changes and results so that you can revert back to the original settings if needed. Alternatively, take screen shots for each change so that you have an historical record of your changes along with the benchmark results for those changes.
The Adaptive Feature Classifier properties window closes.
- Optionally, modify your other subtree classifiers as needed.
- Optionally, add additional training documents to one of the document subsets in the Classification Set.
Process tab, in the
Train group, click
Separation & Classification.
The documents in your Classification Set are trained with the changes you made to your subtree classifiers.
- Optionally, test your classification settings.