Work with invoice profiles
- Using Manager, click the Invoice profiles object bar.
- Click the plus sign (+) to expand an invoiceprofile.
The icon for each
invoice profile indicates its current status
in the system. How
an invoice profile can be modified or used in production depends on whether
it is active/inactive and open/closed.
- Invoice profiles that are active have an arrow icon.
- Invoice profiles
inactive have a square icon. They cannot be used in a
job description to process
- A yellow square () indicates that the invoice profile is closed. It cannot be edited or used in a job description. It must first be opened, in order to activate it, and then subsequently closed, to be able to use it in a job description.
- A gray square () indicates that the invoice profile is open (editable). It needs to be activated and then closed before it can be used in a job description.
Consequently, only those invoice profiles that have a green arrow icon (that is, indicating that they are both Active and Closed) can be used in a job description to process invoices.
Folders and objects
There are subfolders under each invoice profile. The folders contain objects that are part of, or connected to, the invoice profile.
Use your mouse
To work with folders:
- Click the + or – to expand or contract the folder contents.
- Right-click a folder icon to get a shortcut menu with the actions you can perform.
To work with objects:
- Right-click an object icon to get a shortcut menu with the actions you can perform.
- Open the object. Double-click an object icon to view or edit its settings.
Open and close an invoice profile
To open an invoice profile, double-click it. If the invoice profile is inactive, you can edit its contents. See Working with field profiles, for example.
If the invoice profile is active, you can only edit certain settings and objects. (Or you can deactivate it.)
To close an invoice profile, right-click it and select Close.
Change the invoice profile settings
Please see Changing the invoice profile settings for instructions.
Add objects to an invoice profile
If the invoice profile is inactive, you can add all types of objects:
To add objects, right-click the invoice profile and select Add.
If the invoice profile is active, you can only add certain types of objects. (Or you can deactivate it.)