Add a barcode field profile
Use this procedure to add a barcode field profile.
- Using Manager, click the Invoice profiles object bar.
- Double-click the invoice profile to open it and display its components.
- Right-click the Field profiles folder under the invoice profile you are working with and select Add barcode field. The Barcode field profile dialog is displayed.
- Type a name for the field profile in the Name box.
- Select a field type (normally Barcode).
Select one of the
types, or select All when more than one type of one-dimensional barcode
(not Postnet or BP04) is used on the same
Kofax ReadSoft Invoices
checks which type of barcode it is upon interpretation.
Note about All: Interpretation will be slower than if you select a single barcode type. Also, it is not possible to find out after interpretation (for example in the transfer file) what type of barcode was interpreted.
Specify the field
format, including the format specification. Use the same symbols as when
other fields and identifiers.
The format specification is not used during interpretation. It is used as an extra check after interpretation.
- Adjust the Placement and Options settings. You can accept the default settings now and change the settings later when you test the invoice profile. Or, you can review the settings and change them now as required to complete this field profile.
- Click OK to save the field profile.
- Save the invoice profile.