A message says that something is locked
If Kofax ReadSoft Invoices displays a message saying that an invoice definition or other object is locked in the database, the reason can be:
- A user is working with the object.
- A user’s Kofax ReadSoft Invoices module closed unexpectedly while processing the object. For example, the user’s system crashed or the Kofax ReadSoft Invoices module crashed.
Depending on what you are doing, you can usually select one of these ways to proceed:
- Try again to do what you were doing after waiting a short time.
- Find out if a user’s Kofax ReadSoft Invoices module crashed, and request the user to start the Kofax ReadSoft Invoices module (while logged on to Windows as the same user). Starting the module that crashed should correct the problem with the locked object.
- Use Manager to unlock the object. You should only do this when no one is using Kofax ReadSoft Invoices.