Task scheduler to automate ReadSoft Invoices services
Available starting with Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 6.1.
Task scheduler allows you to create a scheduler to start or stop service jobs created for ReadSoft Invoices services such as Interpret or Transfer. You can schedule the time between which you want the services to run. Also, task scheduler can start a service automatically when the service is down or stopped unexpectedly during the schedule.
You can configure task scheduler using the PM service flags available in the INVOICES.PMService.exe.config file.
Follow these steps to configure a schedule for a service:
- On the computer where the ReadSoft Invoices services are configured, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ReadSoft\INVOICES\Bin\PMService\Server.
- Open INVOICES.PMService.exe.config.
- To enable task scheduler, change the value of TaskSchedulerPMserviceStartStop flag to 1.
- Enter the service start time in INVOICES.PMService.exeStart flag
Under PM service start flag, add flags for each service for which you want to schedule a start time.
syntax - <service_name>Start.
- Enter the service stop time in INVOICES.PMService.exeStop flag.
Under PM service stop flag, add stop flags for each service for which start time has been configured.
syntax - <service_name>Stop.
Save the file and close. The task scheduler is configured.
For service INVOICESPMServiceD, the start and stop flags are as follows:
Auto restart service
Follow these steps to set the service restart time to restart the stopped service:
On the computer where the
services are configured, go to
The list of tools is displayed.
- Double click Services. The list of services available is displayed.
- Go to INVOICES PMService.
INVOICES PMService and select
The INVOICES PMService (Local Computer) dialog box is displayed.
- Select the Recovery tab.
- In the Restart service after text box, enter after how many minutes you want the service to restart once stopped.
Apply and then select
The service is configured to restart automatically.