Field profiles: Overview
An invoice profile contains a field profile for each area of the invoice that has data that you need to capture. An invoice profile and its field profiles can be used for hundreds, even thousands, of different types of invoices.
Kofax ReadSoft Invoices uses the information in the field profile to:
- Find the field when you scan in an invoice from a new supplier.
- Create a field definition for the field.
- Validate the field.
Different predefined field types are also available when you create a new field profile. When you choose one of these field types in the General settings, built-in validation rules and business logic are applied.
Types of field profiles
There are several types of field profiles. You use the type that describes the information you need to capture.
- Single item field profiles describe individual fields, such as date, purchase order number, and so on (See Adding a single item field profile).
- Barcode field profiles describe barcode fields you want to capture (See Adding a barcode field profile).
- Table field profiles describe a collection of fields that are related to each other physically or logically (such as line item fields). There are several types of table profiles. (See Adding a table field profile.)