Upgrade invoice profiles
Sometimes when you upgrade Kofax ReadSoft Invoices, you get new and improved versions of the country profiles (stored in Eiglobalextra.ini files). When this happens, upgrading your existing invoice profiles to the latest version is highly recommended. The reasons:
- Field types were changed in Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 5-5. When you upgrade an invoice profile from Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 5-4 or earlier, its field profiles are updated to the new field types. This enables the latest business logic, making your system more efficient.
- You cannot edit field profiles that are based on old field types (from Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 5-4 or earlier). If you want to be able to edit these fields in Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 6.0.x, you must upgrade your invoice profiles.
- Using Manager, click the Invoice profiles object bar.
- Right-click the invoice profile and select Upgrade. The Upgrade invoice profile dialog is displayed.
- Adjust the Type and Description (if necessary) and click Upgrade.
If the current
invoice profile contains fields that are either
assigned to non-standard field types or are not assigned to any
field type at all, the
field types dialog is displayed. Use this dialog to match
the old fields with the new field types.
- Select a field in the Field pairs list and click Edit.
- Select a corresponding field type from the Field type box.
- Click OK when finished.
- When the Select fields dialog is displayed, use it to determine which field profiles you want to include in the upgrade.
- Click OK to complete the upgrade.