Automatically change invoice identifiers in Verify
If current identifiers are not identifying invoices optimally, it has been necessary previously for operators to send invoices to Optimize to change them. It is possible to have Kofax ReadSoft Invoices automatically change identifiers to a selected set of single-item fields that are now acceptable as identifiers when operators select them. To make this possible, a flag has been added to the eiglobal.ini file. This is what happens when the functionality is enabled:
- When an invoice arrives from a supplier for the first time, Verify automatically looks for suitable single-item fields, and if the operator selects one of them while verifying the invoice, the identifiers for the invoice are changed to include the field.
- In the name column in Optimize, the value displayed for the identifier will be the field name as it is in the invoice profile (instead of IDx as it is if the flag is not enabled).
To allow Kofax ReadSoft Invoices to automatically change invoice identifiers to acceptable single item fields in Verify
- Open eiglobal.ini in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Enable the functionality by setting the LearnIdentifiersUsingSingleItemFields=1 in the [Interpret]section. See INI file help for more information.
- Restart Verify.
Answers to questions that may come up when considering the use of this functionality:
- What happens to the default identifier fields that were defined previously in the profile?
They are replaced by the new learned identifiers that were selected by the user unless they are learned manually in Optimize.
- If I have set up AND / OR logic for the identifiers in a profile, what happens when identifiers are replaced? Will the AND / OR logic be retained?
Kofax ReadSoft Invoices will not replace identifiers if AND is included in the expression. If only OR is specified in the expression, however, all identifiers except for logos can still be replaced if the functionality is enabled.
- What if I do not want my default identifiers replaced automatically? Can I "lock" them in any way?
No. The functionality is either enabled or not, and it is not possible to "lock" individual identifiers. See next question for more information.
- Will identifiers be automatically replaced in definitions that I took the time to optimize manually?
No. The functionality does not affect definitions that were optimized manually.
- If an identifier field is changed by one Verify operator, what happens if a second operator changes the same field to a new location at a later time?
The identifier is always learned/changed according to the latest position selected.
- What happens if there are multiple single item fields that match the rules, and a user draws boxes around four such fields, for example? Are the first three used as identifiers, and what happens to the fourth one selected? In addition, what happens if another user simply repeats the same actions but in a different order?
The first three selected are used as identifiers, and the order they are drawn does not matter. They are ordered in the sequence that is specified in the profile.
- Can single item fields that are found on pages other than the first page of an invoice be used as identifiers?
Only those single item fields that are selected on the first page of an invoice are used as identifiers.
- I have thousands of definitions in my earlier version of Kofax ReadSoft Invoices. Some were automatically learned from the profile, and I manually optimized others to improve the results. Which definitions will be affected if I upgrade to Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 5-7 or later and enable this functionality?
Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 5-7 was the first version to keep track of whether a definition was learned manually, meaning that identifiers in all invoice definitions from previous versions could be relearned using this new functionality. It's possible that the identification rates for some invoice definitions could decrease slightly, but in general, you should be able to expect a significant improvement.
- How is the import/export of invoice definitions affected? Say, for example, that I have two definitions in my system-the identifiers for one were learned using the new functionality, and the other one was manually optimized. If I export them to an EHIX file, will the program remember which was which?
Import/export is not affected. The program remembers which definition was learned automatically and which one was optimized manually.