Validate field values
Kofax ReadSoft Invoices validates a field after interpretation and each time the field changes value during verification. If validation fails, the field receives an error status and the Verify operator is prompted to correct the field value before the field (and the invoice it belongs to) are ready for further processing.
- Using Manager, open the invoice profile, make sure it is inactive, and then open the field profile.
- Click Validation.
For validation of numeric fields, use these settings in the
Field validation group box:
- Interval From and To specifies a valid range for a numeric field. For example, type 1 and 12 to have Interpret check whether the interpreted value of the current numerical field is greater than or equal to 1 and less than or equal to 12. No decimals are allowed here.
- Use Checksum to carry out a modulo 10 check-digit control of a numeric field.
Additional methods of validating fields, especially when there are relationships between multiple fields:
- Specify field handling in Verify
- Use the Expression setting in the Invoice validation group box.
- Specify a validation table.
- Specify a connection table.
- If a Verify operator tries to approve a field value on an invoice that does not match the validation settings or the format specification, a warning message is displayed, asking the operator to confirm or change the value. The operator can approve a value that does not match the validation settings and/or format specification.
- Validation settings can also be applied to value identifiers. Since identifiers are used only during interpretation, you cannot adjust the Field handling in Verify, Invoice validation, or Table validation settings. To apply these settings to an identifier profile, copy the identifier profile to a single item field. Then, apply the settings to the new field profile.