Specify if fields are active or inactive
Most fields are active by default. However, you can manually adjust field activation for all fields except image identifiers. You can do this on the field profile level and the field definition level:
- For single item field profiles, these settings are found in the Activation settings of the Field profile dialog.
- For single item field definitions, these settings can be found in the Field learning dialog.
- For line item field definitions, these settings are found in the Line item learning dialog.
Note that you can also turn off the interpretation of line item tables in the invoice profile.
Example of using an optional field
You may want to capture a single item field if it is found on the invoices, but not care if it is missing on invoices from specific suppliers. Select Optional for the field in Optimize when you learn the invoices for those suppliers. Do not select Optional in the field profile.
The field will be interpreted on all invoices, except that it if is not found on invoices from those specific suppliers, the field status will be set to Complete.
Example of using an inactive field
You may want to interpret a certain single item field only on the invoices from one supplier. Select Inactive in the field profile for this field. When you learn the invoice for the supplier in Optimize, deselect Inactive for the field.
The field will only be used on invoices from that supplier.
To specify the activation for a field profile in Manager (see also Deactivating a field profile):
- Open an invoice profile and then open a field profile.
- Select the Options settings.
- Select Optional and/or Inactive in the Activation settings.
To specify the activation for a field definition in Optimize:
- Start an Optimize session.
- Select the field you want to adjust in the Data objects list in the Learning dialog.
- Adjust the Optional and/or Inactive settings in the Field learning dialog.
To specify the activation for a line item field in Optimize: