Line item fields: Overview
This topic applies to "normal" line item fields, which are found on purchase order invoices and can be used to associate purchased items with a purchase order in your ERP system.
Many invoices include a list of items. For example, an invoice for tools that you bought contains a list of tools.
Each line item in the list of items contains the same fields. For example, the fields might be quantity, article number, article description, and price.
A list can contain any number of line items. For example, if you bought one tool, the list contains one line item. If you bought 75 different tools, the list contains 75 line items.
A list on an invoice looks like this:
|Quantity||Article No.||Description||Unit Price||Price|
The above list contains two line items, one for screwdrivers and one for hammers.
|Captures the quantity of every item in the list.|
|Captures the article number of every item in the list.|
|Captures the price of every item in the list.|
What data can Kofax ReadSoft Invoices capture in a list?
- You can capture the same kind of data in a list as in single item fields, for example dates, amounts, and other characters.
- You can capture data in
single-row and multi-row line items.
Single-row line items—each line item in the list is on a single row:
Multi-row line items—each line item in the list is on two or more rows:
- You can capture data even when different line items in an invoice have different layouts:
- You can capture data from complex line item tables that include sub-headers. (See examples in separate topic.)
- You cannot capture data from two rows as one field:
|5||12345||Screwdriver with rubber handle||3.00||15.00|
|2||9876543||Hammer with rubber handle||9.00||18.00|
If you need to capture both of these, they must be defined as separate fields.
To capture the information in a list, define line item fields in a table field profile. Select LineItemTable as the table Type.
After optimization, Kofax ReadSoft Invoices automatically tries to find and interpret the data.
- For each supplier, the list of line items must always start on the same page.
- Normal line item fields can be captured on both sides (front and back) of all pages.
- The list can extend over any number of invoice pages. Technically, from the perspective of the API, if a line-item table in an invoice extends over nine invoice pages or less, line items are listed internally in a single table. If the line-item table extends over ten or more invoice pages, line items are listed separately for each page. The default number of pages, 10, can be changed by adjusting the LargeTableLimit flag in the [Options] section of EIGLOBAL.INI. See INI file help for more information.
- You can capture data from one list of this type (LineItemTable) per invoice.