A supplier is blocked
Blocked suppliers have an "X" in the Blocked column of the Suppliers dialog.
Suppliers are not blocked by Kofax ReadSoft Invoices but by the financial system from which they were imported.
Different financial systems have different reasons for blocking suppliers. Examples:
- Blocked for payment – it was decided that this supplier should not be paid.
- Posting block – it was decided that no invoices from this supplier should be registered.
- Ready for deletion – the supplier is being deleted from the system.
The supplier registry in your financial system is updated constantly, and it is important that you synchronize these changes with the Kofax ReadSoft Invoices supplier registry by running your maintenance plan frequently. When a supplier is unblocked in your financial system, it will be unblocked in the Kofax ReadSoft Invoices supplier registry.
Blocked suppliers are not used during supplier identification.
A blocked supplier also cannot be selected for an invoice during the verification process. If you try to do so, an error message is displayed. Close the dialog and either skip the invoice or select another supplier. Skip the invoice if:
- You believe the "block" will soon be removed by updating the supplier registry.
- Another supplier that this invoice can be connected to will soon be available.