Export invoice profiles and associated objects
Export invoice profiles and associated objects to files:
- Before you install a new version of Kofax ReadSoft InvoicesReadSoft Entrance. When you import them after you install the new version, they are automatically updated to the new version’s database format.
- To distribute invoice profiles and invoice definitions to user’s workstations after you set up and test them.
- For making backup copies of profiles and definitions.
Recommended: run a database maintenance plan before exporting invoice profiles and/or invoice definitions to receive a log of definitions that have error status (if there are any). These definitions are not included in the export, and there is no other way of knowing which ones they are after the export has been performed.
- Using Manager, select Export dialog is displayed. . The
- Click Browse and navigate to where you want to save the export file.
- Select an existing file (to be replaced), or type a new file name in the File name box. Kofax ReadSoft Invoices gives the file the extension EHIX.
- Move the invoice profiles you want to export from Available to Selected by clicking the buttons in the middle.
Select what types of objects to export. For example, select
definitions to export the
invoice definitions that belong to the
invoice profiles in the
If you do not select any of the objects, the invoice profile and its identifier profiles and field profiles are exported.
- Click Export to export the invoice profiles (including identifier profiles and field profiles) listed in the Selected box, plus all of the associated objects you selected.
- Invoice definitions are defined by: Invoice profile, supplier name, supplier number, corporate group ID, location, and description. If you wish to import and overwrite an existing invoice definition, the new definition must contain the same data in these fields. This data is case sensitive, meaning that a new definition containing the description "This is a test" will not overwrite a definition with the description "this is a test", even if all of the other fields are the same. In this case, a new invoice definition is created.
- If master data is used, Kofax ReadSoft Invoices checks if there is a matching supplier in the target system for each definition and links the imported definition to that supplier if one is found.
- The import/export functionality was
updated for these versions of
Kofax ReadSoft Invoices:
- Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 5-7 or later.
- Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 5-6 Patch 7 or later.
- Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 5-5 SP7 HF5 or later.
The file now has the EHIX extension instead of EHI. Objects that are exported from any of the above versions can be imported to any of them. However, objects cannot be imported into these versions from the old EHI files, nor can objects that you export to EHIX files be imported into an older version that uses the EHI file type.