Keep XML invoices from going to Optimize automatically
XML invoices from suppliers that are new to the system and those that deviate from the supported standards need to be optimized so that the system can learn the supplier details and process subsequent XML invoices from them automatically.
- Open an Kofax ReadSoft Invoices job description that is used to process XML invoices.
- Select Interpret > Source and click Configure. The Collector job configuration dialog opens.
- On the XML tab, ensure that Use intelligent XML functionality on XML files is selected.
- Select Do not automatically send invoices to Optimize if the supplier name cannot be extracted/identified.
- Click OK.
XML invoice definitions are normally optimized in connection with the first XML invoice that is received from a supplier. Those invoices are not displayed in Verify until that is done.
If you want to be able to see these invoices in Verify before they are sent to Optimize, you can prevent Collector from automatically sending XML invoices from new suppliers directly to Optimize. The procedure is described below.
However, note that this is not recommended. You cannot approve them in Verify anyway, since the supplier/buyer cannot be adjusted there for XML invoices. You will have to send them to Optimize manually from Verify using Invoice > Save to Optimize in order to be able to process them further.
If you are afraid that you will miss invoices that do not show up in Verify, there are other ways that you can modify your system/processes to make those invoices visible to you:
- Regularly check the Manager module for XML invoice definitions with status 99 that have invoices in the system.
- Regularly check Optimize (once a day/week, for example) for XML invoice definitions with status 99 or a custom status that has been defined for them.
- Set up an Inbox in Verify to collect invoices that get stuck in the system.
To prevent XML invoices from going to Optimize automatically when they come from new suppliers:
XML Invoices that are always automatically sent to Optimize
XML invoices with these conditions are automatically sent to Optimize, regardless of the settings specified in the Collector job:
- If the buyer name cannot be extracted or is empty.
- If the invoice does not conform to one of the supported XML invoice standards.
- If the supplier field is empty or the information is missing in the XML, Kofax ReadSoft Invoices creates an invoice definition with the supplier name empty. If you select Do not automatically send invoices to Optimize if the supplier name cannot be extracted/identified. (see above), the same thing happens, and the invoices receive Unidentified status in Kofax ReadSoft Invoices. The invoices show up in Verify, and you will be able to approve them. However, this is not recommended since there is no way to know if the correct values were extracted. Instead, send them to Optimize first.
- If the XML definition for the invoice has already been sent to Optimize (it is already marked with MarkedForOptimize). The invoice is parked until the invoice definition has been optimized.
- If <SYSTEM> is the only invoice profile that the invoice can be matched with.