Edit roles and users for the inbox view
This is an optional part of creating (or adjusting) an inbox.
- Using Manager, select Settings > Inbox configuration to display the Inbox configuration dialog.
- Click Edit roles and users to display the Edit roles and users dialog.
- Click Add to create a new role.
- Type a name for the role in the dialog that is displayed.
- In the Connected users box, select the users that you want to associate with this role.
OK to save the new role.
You can now assign the new role to selected folders in the Edit inbox folders dialog.
- Ensure that every role contains users who can perform all the tasks necessary to operate ReadSoft Invoices. Avoid getting into a situation where there is no administrator around and no users who can process a particular inbox folder.
- ReadSoft Invoices offers a lot of flexibility in the area of roles and creating inbox folders. However, avoid setting up unnecessarily intricate and complicated systems of roles and inbox folders.
- If more than one user has access to the same inbox folder, they could possibly select the same invoices to verify. This does not cause problems for the system, because Kofax ReadSoft Invoices locks each invoice as it is verified. However, it can cause confusion if the Verify operators are not aware of this. Example:John selects five invoices for verification. However, Sue is working from the same inbox folder at the same time. Sue selects and processes two of the same invoices that John selected. John may wonder why he only got to process three invoices.
- If a user is restricted from accessing specific invoice profiles, they will not see those invoice profiles even if a user authorization role to which they are assigned has been configured to include them as is described above.