Apply background filters
Kofax ReadSoft Invoices can use filters when interpreting invoices to remove background shading.
When you optimize an invoice definition, you can apply any number of filters as needed to improve interpretation. For example, if a field is not correctly interpreted due to background shading, apply a filter. You can also apply filters to line item fields on all front pages of a multi-page invoice.
To apply a filter
- Select the Filter button at the top of the window. Select one of the filter types in the Filter type box.
Use your mouse to draw a frame around the area where
Kofax ReadSoft Invoices
is to apply the filter.
- It can cover the data object you want to capture, or part of it. For example, the value, the title, or both.
- Or, it can be separate
from any data object you want to capture. (Example.)
Let's say you have a field like this:
ARTICLE NO.: ART4749-26
You want to capture the actual article number, but Kofax ReadSoft Invoices keeps capturing "ARTICLE" as the article number.
To improve data capture, apply the Erase filter to "ARTICLE NO."
This is a typical case where the filter does not affect the data you want to capture but only nearby text that is interfering with data capture.
- The filter frame should extend both above and below the shaded area, if possible.
- If the filter is to
apply to an area where a
line item field is defined...
- ... and the line item field appears on more than one page: Draw the filter frame so that it overlaps the line item table boundary, as in the example below.
- ... and the line item field is only on one page: Draw the filter frame so that it does not overlap the line item table boundary.
In other words, if the filter does not overlap the boundary, the filter only applies to the page you draw it on.
You must draw this type of filter on the page where the actual line items are defined—where you can see the boundary rectangles for the line item table, rows, and individual fields.
The image filter rectangle can only be seen where you have drawn it. It is not visible on any other invoice definition pages, even if it applies to all line item pages.
- To delete, move, or resize a filter frame, right-click in it and select Remove, Move, or Resize. You can drag the entire frame to a new position, or you can drag an edge to resize it.
- Kofax ReadSoft Invoices filters the area. You see the result on the image, and the interpreted value is updated. For value identifiers and single item fields, click Interpret to update the interpreted value. Repeat as needed, trying various filter types, until you get the best result.
- If a filter covers only part of a data object, or is next to one, click Update filters to the right of the filter name:
- To stop drawing filters, select any item in the Learning dialog.