Specifications for external files and tables for field validation
The specifications for a text file are as follows:
- Each data item must consist of normal text, maximum 127 characters.
- There is one data item per line.
- Each line is terminated by a line-feed character.
The specifications for an ODBC connection are as follows:
- The data source can be anything that ODBC can connect to; for example, an Access database, Microsoft SQL Server, dBase, FoxPro, Paradox, SyBase, Oracle, and others.
- The data source must be already set up when Interpret and Verify are started.
- The table named must exist in the database.
- The table must consist of one (1) column (with any name).
- The maximum length of a data item in the column is 127 characters.
- The user name and password used in the ODBC-connected data source are taken from Eilocal.ini.