Automatically approve invoices with Complete status
Invoices that receive Complete status in Interpret can be approved and sent to Transfer automatically. This is accomplished in one of two ways:
- Manually specify auto approval for invoice definitions in Optimize.
- Have Verify automatically suggest auto approval when a specified number of invoices belonging to a single supplier receives Complete status in Interpret.
Also, note that if the DisableAutoApproveCounterWarning flag is enabled in the [Options] section of eiglobal.ini, the counter will not be accurate, and as a result, this functionality may not function properly.
Manually specify in Optimize that invoices with Complete status are automatically approved and sent to Transfer
Do the following to manually set the automatic approval of invoices that receive Complete status:
- Open the invoice definition in Optimize, and click Settings.
- Click Invoice in the navigation pane, select Automatically approve invoices with Complete status, and click OK.
Specify how many consecutive invoices need to receive Complete status before automatic approval is suggested in Verify
Use the following procedure to have Verify automatically suggest when automatic invoice approval may be appropriate. This then applies to all invoice definitions that belong to the invoice profile for which this is specified:
- In Manager, create a new invoice profile or open an existing one for which you want Verify to automatically suggest when automatic approval is appropriate.
- In the navigation pane of the dialog, click Invoice and specify an appropriate number for X under Automatically approve when X consecutive invoices receive Complete status. Note that this number needs to be large enough for you to feel secure that these invoices are processed correctly.
- Click OK to close the dialog, and then right-click the invoice profile and select Close.
When the number of consecutive invoices specified in step two receives Complete status in Interpret, the Verify operator is prompted with three options to determine if subsequent invoices for this invoice definition are automatically approved and sent to Transfer.
- Yes - subsequent invoices are auto approved and sent to Transfer without showing up in Verify. This dialog is not displayed again. However, additional invoices for the same invoice definition that receive Complete status in Interpret before the user selects this option will still show up in Verify.
- No - subsequent invoices are not auto approved. This dialog is not displayed again.
- Cancel - subsequent invoices are not auto approved. The dialog displays again if the next invoice receives Complete status in Interpret. If the next invoice does not receive Complete status in this case, the counter starts over, and the dialog displays again when an additional X number of invoices receive Complete status.
How to tell which invoices with Complete status have been approved automatically
You can see if this has been enabled for an invoice definition in three ways:
- In Optimize, Yes is found in the Auto approve column of the statistics about invoice definitions.
- In Manager, Auto approved is displayed for invoices in the Auto column of the Invoices dialog. Note that if this column reads Auto completed for an invoice, the corresponding invoice definition may be a candidate to use this setting for.
- In Manager, Auto approved is found for invoices in the Auto column of the process log.