Set up and run batch file conversions
This Power PDF Advanced feature lets you efficiently convert batches of TIFF or PDF files to the other file type, with access to settings.
- Move files for conversion to an input folder.
Batch Converter in the Batch group of the
Advanced Processing ribbon.
Batch Converter dialog box appears.The
- Click Source to select the input folder.
- In the File Type list, click the file type: PDF (any flavor) or TIFF (any flavor) to generate a file list.
- The number of documents found is displayed in the Documents Found box on the right. The Document list, on the upper part of the panel is populated with these files. Select the files to be converted from the Document list, or click Select All.
- Select the Skip password dialog (pdf input) check box to skip PDF password protection. Clear this check box to provide passwords for each of the protected PDF source documents during the conversion process.
- Click the Destination button to select the output folder.
File Type list (under Destination), click on the target file type.
- TIFF: Standard TIFF files. Click Settings to set compression, resolution and color options.
- Multi-page TIFF: Click Settings to set compression, resolution and color options.
- PDF: Image-only PDF, containing the pages only in the form of bitmap. No settings for Image-only PDF.
- Searchable PDF: This PDF version contains the textual form of the pages. Click Settings to set OCR language and image pre-processing choices.
- Unicode Text: (In Power PDF Advanced only.) Click Settings to configure the handling of OCR, language, image-only pages, non-standard encoded pages, headers and footers for Unicode text output.
- For saving to PDF, in the Compatible with list click the desired PDF (PDF, PDF/A, PDF/X, PDF/E) substandard, or click PDFAs Is to use the format of the source file. Then click the accompanied, smaller Settings button, if applicable, to select a Color profile. For details on different PDF standards see About PDF versions.
- In the Disk space section on the lower right, check the needed and the available disk space. If Needed disk space exceeds Available, then free up the required space.
- Optionally, select the Always warn when replacing an existing document check box to be safe from accidental loss of files, or disable it if existing files are about to be overwritten. (See the important note on the bottom of the page associated with this!)
- Optionally, select the Optimize for Web Viewing check box to produce Linearized PDF, what better suits for online reading. For details on different PDF standards see About PDF versions.
- Optionally, select the Remove tags check box to keep original tags found in the source documents. This check box is available only when PDF or Searchable PDF is selected in the File Type list, and PDF As Is is selected in the Compatible with list.
- Optionally, select the Convert to gray check box to turn the output into black and white.
- Click View Log for a plain text report on conversion results.