Create PDF in Internet browsers
You may create PDF files from web pages in the following browsers, if the PDF application is already installed. Some browsers require additional modules to install.
- Google Chrome: Install the Kofax PDF Create Chrome app in the Chrome Web Store (CWS).
- Mozilla Firefox: The Kofax PDF Create add-on is installed by default during the setup of the PDF application.
- Internet Explorer: The Kofax PDF Toolbar is installed by default during the setup of the PDF application.
To create pages from your browser, proceed with the following steps.
- Click the arrow right to the icon (Internet Explorer), or click the icon (other browsers) to open the menu.
- Optionally, click Settings to make sure the current settings correspond to the attributes of the web page. If necessary, click Advanced Settings and make changes in the Kofax PDF Create Properties dialog box.
Click any of the tools to start with.
Create PDF from the web page: Specify the name and location in the dialog
box and click
Create PDF file from the content of the link.You can create a PDF file from other website content by right-clicking on a link for the shortcut menu, then select the Kofax menu item
Create PDF and add to existing PDF: Browse in the dialog box to the PDF
document you want to add the web page to, select it and click
Make a copy of the selected original PDF file if you want to keep it, since it gets overwritten by the new combined file without warning.
- Create PDF and send in e-mail: Specify a name and location in the dialog box and click Save. As the conversion is finished, your default mailing system offers an untitled message dialog box with the converted web page in the attachment field. Fill in fields as you would for a usual e-mail message.
- Create PDF and send to DMS: Work through any access requirements for the selected Cloud Connector or DMS and specify the name and location for the file.
- Create PDF from the web page: Specify the name and location in the dialog box and click Save.