Change default annotation and markup object properties
To make the work easier, default object properties and default object size can be changed, so there is no need to set the attributes (such as author, color, style) for each piece of object added. Each kind of objects have their own default properties and size, but all share the same author default. That's why changing the default color on a Note will not change the color of a newly created Callout. At the same time, changing default author on a Highlight will take effect on any kind of annotation and markup objects to be created, not just on Highlights.
Set default properties
- Right-click on the desired kind of object (note, text, callout, highlight, crossout, underline, and drawing shapes), and then click Properties.
- Set the object properties as desired, and then click Close in the Properties window to save changes. For details on annotation and markup properties see Annotation_and_Markup_Object_Properties.
- Right-click on the edited object, and then click Set Current Properties as Default.
Set default size for an object kind
- Change the size of the object as you prefer.
Right-click on the edited object, then click Set Current Size as
(The Set Current Size as Default menu command is displayed only if size applicable to the selected kind of object.)
Set the default author
- Right-click on an object kind, which has author and subject properties, and then click Properties. The object properties dialog box shows up.
- On the Author and Subject page edit Author and Subject as you like. Click Close to save changes.
- Select Set Current Properties as Default from the shortcut menu of the object.