Select Options dialog box, and select General to set Startup, Page Display, Units & Grid, Full Screen, Miscellaneous, Integration of PDF Convert (unlocking PDF files), Scanner setup and further options.to display the
Show splash window: Display splash screen appears each time program is started.
Show start screen: Display the start screen with list of recently opened documents each time the program is started.
Default Application View: Use the view defined by the document or save and use the current view.
Open documents as new tabs in the same window: Clear to open each document in a new window. By default, documents open in new tabs, similar to Web browser applications.
Application Language: Select the language to use for the screen display in the program. Select a specific installed language or select
Same as the operating systemto adjust to the operating system preference. Click Add Languages to display the Application languages dialog box, where you can select, download or install application languages.Power PDF must be restarted for the new language settings to take effect.
Default PDF Application: Set Power PDF as your default program to open PDF files.
Smooth: For smoothing text, select from None, Monitor, or LCD in the selection box. Select whether to make graphics, images, and thin line smooth. The default setting is to smooth all three.
Gray-out text below __ pixels: Gray-out displayed text when the number of pixels is below the set value.
Use page cache: Store page data in temporary memory, to speed up page operations.
Use logical page numbers: Default setting for page numbering.
Default Page Layout: Set the default page display for PDF document viewing.
Default Zoom: Set a default magnification level for PDF documents. This value is used when the document zoom value is set to Default.
Units & Grid
Page Units: Set the unit of measurement to be used in the program:Points, Inches, Centimeters or Millimeters.
Grid: Set grid properties and color for PDF document pages. Use the View menu to display or hide grids.
Provide identity information to appear on your Digital ID stamps.
Full Screen (Navigation & Appearance)
Display next page __ second intervals: Specify whether to advance automatically from page to page every set interval. By default, this setting is off. You can use mouse or keyboard commands to page through a document even if this option is selected.
Return to start when end of document is reached: Let the document return to first page after the last one, when paging through a PDF document. The option is typically used for setting up kiosk displays.
Use Escape key to exit full-screen viewing: Allow using the Escape key to exit Full Screen mode. If the option is not selected, exit with the shortcut Ctrl + L.
Next page on left click; previous page on right click: Allow mouse clicks to turn pages. You can also press arrow keys to page through a document.
Show navigation bar: Show or hide the navigation bar. If shown, define a screen corner and set the Navigation Transparency.
Mouse Cursor: Specify mouse cursor status in Full Screen mode: Always Visible, Always Hidden, Hidden After Delay.
Background color: Select a background color to surround the page in Full Screen mode. Click the button to display the system color palette. Click Other Color to define custom colors.
- Open cross-document link in same window: Close the current document and open the linked document in the same window, minimizing the number of windows open. If you do not select this option, a new window opens each time you click a link to a different document.
- Allow layer state to be set by user information: Set the state of the current layer of an object based on user information.
- Maintain revisions: Permit or prohibit the retention of revision versions. When a document is finalized and distributed, it may be important to suppress draft versions.
- Open portfolio as package: Open a portfolio without using the Portfolio interface.
- Use Select tool as default instead of Hand tool: The Hand tool is active on the Panel Bar by default. Select this check box to promote the Select tool instead.
- Notify if Power PDF is not my default PDF application: Instruct Power PDF to warn if another PDF application is assigned as default.
- Link: Make settings related to hyperlinks.
- Hand Tool Click: Determine how the
document responds when the Hand tool is clicked. By default, it does nothing. Select
Page downto have the display jump half a page down. Select
Scroll downto have the page scroll down until the next mouse click.
- Reset All Warnings: Restore
warning messages after previously selecting
Do not show this message againin response to warnings.
- Default Printer: Use the last used printer or your system default printer.
- Print in background: Allow continued use of the program while printing is in progress. This option is not available when working with a PDF file inside a network browser.
Select Set default Save Location to enable the Browse button on the right, and then click Browse and specify a path to start with when using .
Set the number of recent files to be displayed at.
Fax via e-mail
Attachment Format: Select PDF or TIFF as the file format.
Fax Number Format: Click Format to define a fax number format for use with or without a cover page in the Format Address dialog box.
Remember recipients: Remember recipients for future use.
File saving and opening by default allows free browsing over the entire computer and network file system. Use this panel to set up a more restricted environment, where only the specified folders are available for file open or save.
Private Documents Directory: Select a folder for private documents.
Shared Document Directory: Select a folder for shared documents.
Use File Storage as default file Open/Save dialogs: Select this check box to enable the File Storage feature. As a result, only the two specified folders can be accessed for file opening or saving.
Browse to Windows file system: Select this check box to display or hide a button allowing access to the remaining locations within the Windows file system.
- Document Management System Integrations: This panel is available only in Power PDF Advanced, if more than one DMS is detected on your system.
- View PDF documents in Internet Explorer: Use Enable or Disable to toggle the feature for viewing PDF documents in Internet Explorer.
- Windows Desktop Search: Use Enable or Disable to toggle the Kofax PDF iFilter that allows Windows Desktop Search to access your PDF files for searching.
- OCR pages that do not contain
text: Enable the use of OCR for image-only pages. By default, this feature is unavailable.
e-Discovery: Instruct Power PDF to run OCR on pages containing both text and image.
Use OCR on first ___ pages: Limit the scope of OCR processing to the specified number of pages.
Scanner setup: The name of the selected scanner is displayed here, if any. If necessary, click Setup to launch the Scanner Setup Wizard and follow the instructions on the screen.
Display scanner dialog box: Launch the scanner driver user interface and alter the scanner properties each time a scan starts.
Scan multiple pages: Select this to continue scanning after the first page.
Scanner properties: Connect a scanner and clear the preceding
Display scanner dialog boxcheck box to show this panel. Once a scanner is selected, you can access scanning parameters: resolution, color mode, paper size, paper source in the appropriate selection boxes. Modify color and contrast by moving their sliders.Duplex ADF in Paper source for a double-sided scanning.Select
Output: Select PDF type and Compatibility to determine the output PDF file format.
Auto orient pages: Set the page orientation automatically for each page.
- Automatically proofread results after OCR: Select this to run proofreading after scan. This option is enabled only if the selected PDF type requires OCR.
Define how often PDF documents should be auto-saved. If the program terminates unexpectedly, upon restart it will offer the last-saved version of documents that were open prior to the interruption.