PDF Create Properties
The PDF Create Properties dialog box appears if you:
Click the Properties button in the Print dialog box in a Windows application when Kofax PDF is selected under Printer.
In Microsoft Word, click the Creation Settings button on the Kofax PDF tab, select the Advanced Settings tab in the Kofax PDF Settings for Word dialog box, and then click the Advanced Settings button.
Click the same Settings Creation button on the Kofax PDF tab in Microsoft Excel or Microsoft PowerPoint, and then click the Advanced Settings button on the Advanced Settings panel of the Kofax PDF Settings for Excel or Kofax PDF Settings for PowerPoint dialog box, respectively.
Select Devices and Printers from the Windows Start Menu, select the Kofax PDF printer, right-click and select Printing Preferences. In this case, the dialog box is named Kofax PDF Printing Preferences.
You cannot access this dialog box from Create Assistant, where all processing is done through Profiles.
When you access this dialog box in the first three ways, the changes are applied to the current document only. When you access it from Devices and Printers, your settings become preferences that are applied to all conversions started from the Print command. See Change printer driver settings for details.
Use the General tab to set preferences for the size and page layout of the PDF file.
- Paper Size
- Select Standard and then select a page size from the list, or select Custom and specify the page dimensions and margins.
- Click Add to define or modify additional standard page sizes using page dimensions you specify.
- Select Portrait or Landscape.
- This setting influences character spacing, line breaks, and image quality. Usually, a higher resolution produces a more accurate layout but a larger file size. Low resolution is ideal for screen viewing. However, if you require high-quality hard copy, or accurate control of character position, select a resolution of at least 600 dpi.
- Select a resolution: Screen (72 dpi), Low (150 dpi), Medium (300 dpi), High (600 dpi), 1200 or 2400 dpi.
- Specify whether to reduce or enlarge a document, and by what percentage, between 1 and 1000 percent. Enter a value less than 100 percent to reduce the size of the text and images on the page; enter a value greater than 100 percent to enlarge them.
- Grayscale Print
- Select this to have a color document converted to a grayscale PDF file.
- View Resulting PDF
- Select this option to view the PDF file. By default it is selected.
PDF Settings tab
The PDF Settings tab provides controls for Compatibility, Web optimizing, Destination and Document Settings. It also provides standard controls for Font Embedding, Compression, Watermarks and Security. Select a standard control or click the corresponding Advanced button to fully control the process and protect your PDF with passwords and permissions, add watermarks, define compression settings, control font embedding. Define save options, including the ability to append or overlay PDF files.
Under compatibility, select a PDF Version, or one of the PDF/A standards, or USPTO. The latter option creates a PDF file that is closest to the requirements of the United States Patent and Trademarks Office: it employs PDF version 1.4, embeds all fonts, sets high quality (75) and disallows security.
About PDF Create tab
Use this tab to view copyright information and your serial number.