Run batch with sequences
Use this option to apply a set of stored operations to one or more PDF files and save the results to a defined location and file type. These operations are stored in a sequence that can be run, edited, renamed or deleted. This is in effect a workflow.
Do not apply batch processing to packages or portfolios; the processing is applied only to the cover sheet. Be sure to unpack files before batch processing them.
In Power PDF Advanced, you can performbatch file conversions between TIFF and PDF.
Create a sequence
The Sequences dialog box appears.
- Select New Sequence in the dialog box that appears.
Name the sequence and click
The Edit Workflow dialog box appears.
The Edit Sequence dialog box appears.
- Select a command for the sequence in the list on the left.
- Click Add to copy the selected command into the list on the right. Repeat this with all the commands required for the preferred sequence.
- Use Remove, Move Up or Move Down to finalize the list.
Nearly all commands require to set parameters.
For example, Add Watermark requires to specify a watermark, a page range and more. All commands have choices except Apply Redactions. The latter means to perform real redaction on items already marked for redaction.
- Select each command in turn and click Edit to make configure it.
- Click OK to confirm each choice, finally click OK to return to the Edit Batch sequence dialog box.
2, select how you will specify the files to be processed by the sequence.
Selected files: Click Browse to make the selection.
Selected folders: Click Browse to make the selection.
Ask When Sequence is Run: Specify the input whenever the sequence is activated.
All Open Files: Apply the processing to all files currently open in the program. These files remain open as PDF files, waiting to be saved with their batch processing modifications.
- Under item 3, select an output location and options for file naming, file type and whether saved PDF files should be optimized for fast web viewing or not. Click OK to close the Output Options dialog box.
- Recheck all settings, then click OK in the Edit Batch Sequence dialog box. You need to do this to have your new or edited sequence saved.
Run a sequence
The Batch Sequence dialog box offers all available Sequences.
Select a sequence and click
The Confirm Running Sequence dialog box appears.
Review and approve the sequence input and output settings and the commands. Click
OK to continue.
With pre-defined output, be sure to note where results will be stored.
- Specify input files if you requested run-time prompting.
- If the settings for any commands were undefined or any command could not be performed, a warning message appears.
- Specify output information if you requested run-time prompting.
If the sequence was run successfully the result is delivered without any further interaction.