Comments from Word
On the Kofax PDF Settings for Word dialog box, the Comments tab lists the authors of the comments added to the Word document. You can select authors whose comments you want to transfer to the PDF document, or control the appearance of the transferred comments. You can also specify the color and the display state of the comments from a specific author.
Click the Creation Settings tool in the Kofax PDF ribbon or the corresponding menu item to open the Kofax PDF Settings for Word dialog box. The Comments tab includes the following settings.
- Generate Bookmarks, Links, Comments, Tags in resulting PDF file
- Select this check box to apply changed settings to future conversions.
- Convert Word Comments to PDF Comments
- Select to create PDF comments. You must select this option to see comments listed and to access the panel settings.
- Comment, Author Name, Status and Color
- This list is empty if no comments exist in the current Word file. Select the author with the comments to be converted.
- Click the
statusvalue in the first comment of each author and select how to display that author’s comments when the PDF is opened:
- Open: Display comments in open windows.
- Closed: Display comment icons only.
colorvalue in the first comment of each author to assign a color per author. The comment title bar and icon will display this color.
- Convert Word "Linked Text Boxes" to PDF Articles
- Linked Text Boxes in Word and Articles in PDF define the reading order of documents having complex layout. Select this option to convert the Word document feature to PDF. The article feature helps you to read through a related story column-by-column and/or across a series of pages.